JOHN W GROOMBRIDGE MOTORCYCLES LTD.
JW GROOMBRIDGE MOTORCYCLES (TRAINING) LTD
Mayfield Road, Cross-in-Hand, Heathfield, TN21 0SP
Tel: 01435 862466
This document gives details of the personal information we collect from you, how and where it is stored, the reasons we keep it, how long it is kept for, how we use it and with whom we share it.
Collection of personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• Information you provide to us on our website including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address.
• Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and services including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
• Information relating to any enquiries you make regarding our goods and services including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address.
Use of personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes for which it was provided, including:
• Fulfilling your order.
• Enable the purchase of goods and use of services available on our website.
• Deliver goods to you, whether purchased in-store, by telephone or on our website.
• Supply services to you, whether purchased in-store, by telephone or on our website.
• Send invoices, statements, reminders and other documents to you and collect payments from you.
• Send you our email newsletter if you have requested it. You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive it.
• Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
Disclosure of personal information
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so, for example, to a delivery company in order that goods you have purchased may be delivered to you. Those with whom we share your personal information include:
1. Delivery companies if you have requested delivery of your goods.
2. Lenders if you have opted to purchase goods on finance (who will share your information with various credit reference agencies).
3. The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency if you have purchased a new motorcycle.
4. The manufacturer or importer of a new motorcycle you have purchased for the purpose of warranty registration.
5. Alarm, tracking and security companies if you have opted for such equipment to be fitted to your motorcycle and your personal information is required for the security feature to function properly.
If consent is necessary for this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing your data.
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so, for example, if you purchase a motorcycle and require training. If consent is necessary for this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing your data.
• We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information.
• Except as provided in this statement, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
• We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• We will store the personal information that you provide to us:
- on the secure dedicated server located in the UK hosted by Bytemark Ltd. on behalf of our Dealer Management System provider, True Track Software Ltd.
- on the secure dedicated server located in the UK hosted on our behalf by UKFast plc.
- on the password protected server and personal computers located at the address above.
- on password protected hard disks or encrypted flash drives for the purpose of providing off-site data backups.
- When in storage your information will be kept in locked containers at the address above.
- When in use your information will be kept as private as reasonably possible in the circumstances.
• Financial transactions that take place on our website are conducted by Paypal and we are not party to any of the payment information.
• You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you by submitting a Subject Access Request.
• Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
• We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by the law.
• If you instruct us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to cease all processing of your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to destroy any or all of your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
• Cookie use is defined on our Cookies page.
• We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA026582.
• Data protection issues should be directed to the Data Protection Manager at the address above or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Further information may be obtained from https://ico.org.uk/
• If you make a complaint to us and are dissatisfied with our response, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Telephone: 01625 545745 Fax: 01625 524510
Last updated: May 2018